Lighthouse Cooperative is true to it core value, social responsibility and service. Hence since its establishment it has continuously serve the community or people who are in need. The advocacies of the cooperative includes community development, pro-poor and promoting small and medium enterprise.
I. COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
The Lighthouse Cooperative, through effective collaboration with other civic organizations has undertaken several community development projects this include the ff:
- Handog sa Mag-aaral (2000-present). School supplies distribution with free haircut to elementary pupils in different barangays of Tuguegarao City
- Scholarship Program (2000-present). Financial aid to poor but deserving students of Every Nation Youth (previously Lifebox), a socio-civic non-profit organizationn and youth arm of the Victory Christian Fellowship. Scholars are given P2,000.00 per semester.
- Employing SPEs Students (2003-present). Partnered with DOLE in employing highschool and college students during Summer and Christmas season to help them finance their schooling.
- Advocacy Campaigns (2007-present). Printing and distribution of flyers to elementary and highschool students on issues such as anti-drug abuse, anti-dengue and environmental preservation.
- Rural Improvement Club (RIC) Adoption of Products (2007-present). Through this adoption, RIC Cataggaman, Namabbalan and Tuao now have a continuous guaranteed market and became a regular supplier of the cooperative.
- PROJECT: MATA-LINAW (2007-present). Distribution of reading glasses to 40-60 years old indigents of indigent barangay in 3rd District of Cagayan.
- Souvenir Programs (2007-present). Sponsor/advertiser to private and government agencies celebrations.
Sports Development Project: Basketball Uniform Sponsorship (2009; 2011;2013&2014)). Provision of basketball uniforms (jersey and shorts) to youths of different barangay in Tuguegarao City as their uniform for the “Liga ng Barangay”.
Brigada Eskwela (2010-present). Donating paints, painting school chairs and school fence to help clean and renovate public elementary and high schools.
- Feeding Programs (2010-present). Beneficiaries includes elementary pupils and flood victims of different barangay in Tuguegarao City.
- Blood Letting (2013-present). Sponsorship meals for the volunteers and blood donors. It aims to help hospitals have a ready supply of blood.
- Donation of Garden Tools, Gasoline Engine and Water Pump (2014-present). In support to the “Clean and Green Program” and “Disaster Risk Reduction Project”of adopted barangays in Tuguegarao.
- Financial Assistance/Scholarship Program (2016). Financial aid to deserving poor college students who are not part of Every Nation Youth.
Lighthouse Cooperative makes sure that the business it gets will benefit the most people as possible-the members of the cooperative, plant producers, communities and employees. Indeed, helping the needy especially its members has always been the primary aim of Lighthouse Cooperative.
First, it provides employment to its members. A total of fifty-one (51) regular employees are receiving good scale which is above the minimum wage prescribed by the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).It is also worth noting that additional incentives are given to the employees every month as a way of acknowledging employees’ productivity contribution to high sales.
Second, the cooperative are also accepting student-members every summer, holidays, weekends and school supplies peak season to save for their schooling.
Third, it is providing additional income and savings to its members. The cooperative as mandated by the law is distributing dividends based on the stock ownership of its members. Through this system, members find it encouraging to invest money in the cooperative and earn more.
Finally, it is developing entrepreneurial leadership among members. Some members are enjoying the opportunity as freelance sales agents which provides additional income.
III. PROMOTING SMALL MEDIUM ENTERPRISES
The cooperative serves as the marketing arm of some Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) from Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) and Region 2. For that reason, it entered into agreement with the Department of Science and Technology (DOST)-02 to be the ONESTORE HUB for Cagayan accommodating different products. Likewise, it supports Department of Trade and Industry (DTI)-02 online store, INDOSTRIYA.PH